Delivering Homes

House hunting? Here are some tips

Buying a house is one of the important milestones in life that comes after substantial planning, budgets, sacrifices and undoubtedly house hunting!

Although house hunting might be fun, it is often described as a stressful period especially if you’re buying a property with your partner and not on your own, where different tastes, likings and ideas must be respected.

This eventful journey might be overwhelming for some people so here are some tips to keep in mind and make the right decision that (hopefully) you will never regret.

1. Home loan calculations

One of the first questions of any real estate agent would be about your budget. To be prepared and not aim low or too high, it would be best to calculate the total budget that the bank would be willing to loan you. The bank will loan you 90% of the total cost of the property you’ll buy, so make sure that you have saved enough to cover the other 10%. Although it might take a while to find your ideal home, it is advised to start searching.

2. Where do you want to live?

Many people know in which location they would want to move to in their future from a very young age. Others would be simply happy by finding their picture-perfect home in whatever location it is. This might not be the ideal scenario as it important to know the neighbourhood where you will live including the facilities that are close by such as daily needs shops, playing areas, schools, health centres.

3. Home features

Think about what features you would love to have at home and can’t live without and make sure that you have enough space for whatever you want to do. You don’t want to buy a property and find out that your childhood dreams can’t become a reality. If you’ve always dreamt about a walk-in wardrobe, hot tub, jacuzzi or a playing area for the kids make sure that this can be done.

4. Visit houses

Even if you might want to buy a property on plan, it is still suggested to view some furnished homes as you will get some ideas that you might want to have in your home.

5. Determine whether you will seek an agent’s help

There are mixed opinions on whether one will either look for property on his own or with the help of an agent. Working with an agent will increase more expenses but in the long run the real estate agency will ease the house hunting process as you will identify what you’re after and the agent will only show you properties according to your specifications. However, others prefer house-hunting on their own without receiving frequent calls, exploring the different towns and villages and getting a deeper feeling of the neighbourhood.

Do you wish that your house hunting process was easier? Our website Delivering Homes was established to do this successfully as owners and agents list the property that they are selling without being charged any fees. This allows you to choose whether you want to buy a property directly from an owner or from an agent. Click here to view the list of available properties: https://www.deliveringhomes.com.mt/listings/

No Comments Yet

Add a Comment

You must be logged in to add a comment. Click here to create your account!

Complete Registration